Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Easter Holiday: Day 1: Beer/Wine & Chocolate tour: Thursday March 24, 2011: Travel Day

My day really didn’t start until lunch with some of the girls on my hall. I hate really quickly and then dashed up to the Learning Café to print off my boarding pass. So, I go to wait by the printer and this girl is scanning and obviously doesn’t know what she’s doing…she jams it! She opens the side door, rips the paper out, closed it and walks away while the copier is still jammed. And there’s a witness to this dastardly deed…me! By this point (and note the girl that did the jamming has disappeared) there is a line of three people and we all need to print…but its jammed, and I’ve got myself a train to catch. So I, with all my (I know understand to be) invaluable work with the various copiers at the law firm, get to work unjamming. I had the printer up and running in no time. Boo-ya!


My walk to the train station normally only takes 15/20 minutes, loaded down my bag it took closer to 40. But I got there with time to spar, bought my ticket to Gatwick Airport. There was a change at Clapham Junction which was negotiated with some sign reading and pretty soon I was there! I tracked down the hotel buses, waited for the G23 that dropped off at the Ramada and Bam! I was set up for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment